Friday, January 11, 2013


Today I thank music for providing me with a very active imagination which without how could I be a story teller?


Signs of the Time is Now!

Suggested listening: Live Wire by AC DC, Hurricane by Dylan or whatever Spotify plays next!

Sometimes I don’t just see coincidences; I F-E-E-L them. I feel them like a cannon shot to the gut. Some 'signs' physically make me buckle. I don’t think that they are premonitions. It’s more like they just electrify me. I feel I am like a live wire. I feel a type of supreme like vibration.

I feel supremely tuned when it occurs. Supreme as in ‘HECK yeah I want sour cream on that taco!’ not necessarily like 'The Supreme’ as in the clouds part and all the light shines upon me.

I said in an earlier post that the angles among us are here solely to remind us how great Earth is for us. They lead the way like road managers who run concert tours. Angels do the same for our tours here on earth. I mentioned too that I feel like my calling is to also remind people how cool their tour should be for many reasons!

I wasn’t trying to imply that I think I am some kind of angel. I merely think that THE REAL  angels recognized how passionate I was/am about the ethereal joy music makes me feel andI was becoming more and more determined to find a way to channel my joy to others in hopes of inspiring them too when they are having a bad day.

They simply picked up on the intense vibration I had whenever I thought or talked about this blog and saw a way they could spread their message.

It was last summer when I conceived an idea for a blog that would incorporate music, good will, healing and, inspiration.  About our journeys, as a whole and individually, while on this rock, the 3rd rock from the sun.

The love, energy, harmony and, renewed spirit I experience after a rock show is divine. I wanted to find a way to share the feelings of divinity I have because of it with others, sell sanctuary! But as usual I just kept procrastinating.

Then a moment of awareness on my part made me realize one day that indeed, said in Adam West Batman tone, ‘The angels… may be up to… somethinnnng’, when a small string of oddly relatable, perfectly-timed coincidences exploded before me.

 I finally decided to watch the movie The Hurricane, which I never saw before but had recorded on our DVR about a month earlier. The movie tells the story of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter. Carter was a boxing champion from New Jersey who was infamously framed and falsely convicted for the murder of three people in a bar. It came out in 1997. In the 70’s Bob Dylan wrote a song that also told the story of about Rubin called, Hurricane,  which was the first cut on his album, Desire.My first vivid music memory involved Dylan's Desire. I love Denzel. I love Dylan. Why had I taken so long to see this movie?

Because I’ve had writing on the brain so much right away I took note that the telling of the story heavily revolved around writing and books. Also I saw an image, something specific to me personally, and honestly the very last thing in the world I thought I’d see in a movie about a middle-weight fighter from New Jersey.

The day was Christmas Eve when I finally felt like I was ready to watch it. While it was on, I suddenly thought what to ask Santa for Christmas!

A big kick of "fucking do it already!" right in the ass.

The scene that unfolded right after I thought it  blew my mind.

Blew my mind OUT! Like m*tha f*ckin Sir PAU-MAC in a car, son!!!

As it turns out Rubin Carter had written a manuscript presenting a compelling story of his innocence while also providing plenty of evidence to support his case, that he was being improperly incarcerated for crimes he didn’t commit.

Some years after his book was published a young man visited Carter in the joint and asked Rubin about his passion for writing. Denzel, serene as a red jelly bean, proceeds to lament on his relationship with writing in a diatribe that turned out to be the ultimate cheer that I needed to hear! (Thank you SANTA!!!) I recognized the timing of the delivery too evident by the way I shot off the love seat. (Thank you ANGELS!!!)

A brilliant collaboration was born Christmas Eve between me and my angels.

Almost like the collaboration of harmonies between Dylan and Emmylou on Desire. (Also Ronee Blakely.)

Kids, people who tell you that Santa Claus isn't real are mean, mean people. Do not listen to them, they are lying!

I recently discovered who my Archangel is. I had never heard of this dude my whole life. I will tell you about him tomorrow as this story quirky is far from over! Just know that my angel’s name, rhymes with the word gramophone.  

For all you kids in the back of the classroom? A gramophone is a record player.

Intrigued?

No comments:

Post a Comment