Thursday, March 7, 2013

Last month while celebrating a  'land mark' birthday in Vegas I was serenaded Happy Birthday by part of  the girls rugby team from Colorado. They were in town for a tournament and tumbled onto the elevator with me at the hotel where we were all staying.

My friend and husband were riding with me.The girls noticed the plastic tiara I was wearing for fun for my birthday. The plastic crown was plain. It didn't say Princess, Birthday Girl or Bride-to-Be so of course they asked what the occasion was. When my friend told them it was my birthday enthusiastically they responded by asking me if they could sing to me. I don't know if they were members of a choir as well, but that handful of voices singing in such a small area sent goosebumps up and down my spine.

Yesterday afternoon those girls popped into my head. May be I should note it was exactly a month to the day of the impromptu concert, some thing I didn't realize until a few minutes after I had this "A-Ha!" moment.

Sure it is natural to respond in kind when you find out it is someone's birthday. The girls were just being silly and having fun. They had no clue that by offering me a song they were actually giving me the perfect Micki present. Yesterday while thinking about them I asked myself, "Really, how did they KNOW?"

Being such a passionate advocate of music it was more than a coincidence that something like that happened to me. They could have just said, "Awwww Happy Birthday! Are you having a good day?" But they didn't. They SANG to me! It was a touching moment offered to me by strangers that I will always remember.

As I relived that moment yesterday I said thank you out loud to whom ever may have been listening to me at that time.  I could hear the girls voices perfectly harmonizing for me in my head so I also added out loud, through giant crocodile tears,"They sounded like angels!"

Instantly I was overwhelmed inside by love because I realized it wasn't the girls singing to me and indeed they didn't "know"!  It was my angels! Knowing my love of music the angels sang to me the best they could. The angels sang to me through the Girls Colorado Rugby team.

Angels are calling out to you all of the time. They are very clever in finding fun personal ways to reach out to you. Those weird things that stick with you through out your days are post it notes of  love from those who look out for you. Don't peel them off, wad 'em up and cast 'em away. Regard them with appreciation, graciousness, love and pass 'em on. The girls as it turns out are proponents of a sobriety clinic in Florida surely a positive message that attracts many to their over all intention of good and well being.

I tried to find out how the girls finished in their tournament but I couldn't locate that info. It doesn't matter though because they will always be winners...champions... in my book.

I did find their 2012 team picture however. Looking at those faces, their poses, their happiness instantly brought back the goosebumps they gave me in the elevator. My hope for them is that they remain in a place  throughout their lives where the angels know they can always call on them to help spread love and light.
Thank you Lady Bison's.

http://www.colorado.edu/studentgroups/womensrugby/

No comments:

Post a Comment