Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pass The Time by Micki Goldberg





Wheels move this iron beast. My home away from home. Its rubber paws hug the
asphalt below causing a hum that lulls me to sleep with a rocking roar.
A sleep with no rest, a sleep just to pass the time.
Entombed in my bunk, this womb where I escape from the road weary.
I hide here to just to pass the time.

By day I pay a ransom for my art. 
Led by a leash I am a guest at a zoo. A Zombie
off the bus I play a raw song for the gawkers and grabbers. 
But that is not the only toll they take!
A flash. A hug. A pat on the back. I sign my name
on a warrant. A wanted poster that displays my face.
Once this was a reward now it’s just a way to pass the time.
Meeting strange faces standing in line, what a strangely fantastic
way to just pass the time.

At night I am a gem gleaming in the spotlight
my name could be Mecca for thousands travel
far and wide to worship me, watch me, hear me, love me.
My electric sound drowns their echoes, their calls, their wails.
I am recharged, alive, energized.
I catch a glimpse of the soul I sold and I realize how much I miss him.
I wonder if I could save him?
But it is time for the encore, then time to go and load onto the beast, and into my tomb.
And like the wheels upon which I ride the day comes around again
just to pass the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment